Sep 22, 2019

The Promised Post

Its been a while hasn't it. About a month to my recollections, and yet nothing has squirted out of my warm supple body during that time. I made a promise so lets talk about one of my older characters, or really moreso older "Species." I am sorry for the delay, these things take a bit to get over with and I feel I dragged my feet on this one. Don't worry, there will be pictures.

This species is called the Ch'korass. An idea I had back when I was in sophomore year of highschool when I was doing exchange in Germany. About 2011ish to my recollections. I doodled alot back then, it was really the best way I could pass the time as I was never really required to do anything when I was on exchange in the schools. I still feel bad about not doing a better job integrating with the language and culture but it wasn't a total lost cause, I mean I got to have Döner and so many other magnificent foods.

So I hate not having any of my older sketches back during this species creation but I do have something nearly as close. Old ask blog drawings I made for them. Back when I was just getting used to the drawing pad and I got to say, they sucked hard. From their last modified date this was around 2014 which is really silly all things considered.

Here is a great little condensing of the posts I had during this time. Lets just say there was a reason why the Tumblr blog sputtered out due to lack of asks. And it wasn't just the lack of recognizable characters.



Fun fact this question was one that I submitted
I received no interest at all for this blog when it was made
No, I'm not going to show you the final page, I have my limits.

So what happened next I hear nobody ask. Well lets say the species went on hiatus, I burnt the ask blog to the ground and tried again with something more recognizable when I had more practice under my belt around 2016. That as well was burnt to the ground but is a story for another time and was done due to other reasons. Honestly I don't like looking at these drawings now as they just look terrible to me.

An apt picture of  me doing the Russian version of house cleaning

However every once and a while said character would resurface again and the concept was always in the back of my mind despite my best efforts. And a story slowly formed over time. I actually have some thumbnails that I put together for a possible start for a webcomic that I just do not have the time for. I do want to come back and actually make this story in the future but I don't know when I can push myself to do so. Its a slow boiling idea that I'll make someday, probably... hopefully.

But lets take a look at the evolution of the species to the best of my documentation. I really don't want to post everything due to the time constraints of scanning all of the physical media but lets try our best here anyway.

We have an attempt at language that I'm still trying to salvage.



Numerical system that I need to redo



Sketches

Still like this sketch.



Old Ref Sheets



Etc




Still rather like this armor design
Species Evolution:
Originally the more taur like body was an attempt to distance the species from Irkins (the species inspiration when it started). After realizing that it was a bitch to draw I backed up and removed it slowly over time. First with just making our starring Ch'Korass not be that variant then saying fuck it and bringing Lassie out back to become good friends with a casing of buckshot.

Then there are the multiple limbs that I attempted to add on after some of the first iterations. Something that I am still dealing with and still want to keep despite the hassle. There is also a history that is still being built up and tons of other things that I occasionally add to as time goes by.

This species is a great example of something that I should have done more with, that I want to do more with but cannot due to working full time currently and many other factors and projects that take priority. I want to draw more but, I can't push myself to and often have other things to do.

I have however had some time to do some sketches and managed to draw this shortly before I put this together.


Its not much but it does a good job giving me a bit of confidence that I'm not completely out of practice. It also does a good job showing where the species sits currently.

With that all out of the way I look forward to slowly finishing my projects. Honestly I think I might just drop the Doom wad that I was working on due to complications and get at some of the stuff that I should be working on more. The long and short of the complications being me realizing the built in limitations of the Doom engine and realizing that my vision is going to be extremely hard to implement. Most certainly I will drop the video that I was planning on, thing really didn't go anywhere and it has been sitting around for quite a bit now.

Anyway, I suppose I'll aim to finish the next chapter a bit more and will hopefully push something out in a month or so again. I wish I could show some pictures of my cosplay but despite my best efforts con staff are not responding to my inquires about said photos. If I can manage to get them I'll post them, otherwise I will take some pictures during Halloween and post those shortly after.

I hope this was a bit enjoyable to read and wasn't too much of a bore. Either way I hope you have a nice rest of your day!

Bye!
Old banner that I made as a little ending treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment