Mar 24, 2021

Yet Another General Update

And we are beginning to wind down to when I promised to start work again on KCS. The time I gained by dropping it helped out quite a bit. Recently I've actually been getting into the business end of the little studio I'm a part of, setting up and LLC for it, getting all the required details to open a business account, and likely later this week paying someone more legally inclined to take a look over a contract that I drafted for our expected contractor(s).

I did most of this "myself" with help from some people that were happy to provide a helping hand getting to know what I needed to do for many of my required steps. Thinking back on it, while I certainly think that it was a bit difficult it would be much easier if I needed to do it again. As the majority of the difficulty came from my inexperience doing it. I know right, what a surprise.

So how are the other projects I'm working on going then?

Well Just Pong is pretty much finished. Right now we are shifting development to focus on a new game, and while we might sit down and spend some time further polishing the game for now it seems to be in a good place. We have very little bugs that we have seen or heard of, and some accessibility options have helped the game work a little better for some players. Honestly setting up an input manager did a ton to help the game feel much more complete. It also helps that one of the best things about coding stuff up is that you can refer back to it if you want to do something similar in the future. So while Just Pong is "finished" the stuff coded for it can be implemented into future projects. 

As for the new game we are working on, well... We are working on something that we are planning to try and kickstart to help pay for development. Its a FPS with Risk of Rain like elements that we are referring to as Bird Game so far. There are a lot more details about it that I could talk about but its still pretty early in development, and I would prefer not to overhype it publicly before we really nail down our ideas. I know few people really read this blog but, still.

I've mainly been working on the art side, creating 3D models for our own use and will soon be sitting down and drafting up a design document to hopefully guide development going forward. Business stuff as well seems to be another thing I'm also helping out about as priory mentioned. For the little it will do I will also be providing a link to the Kickstarter here when we get to that point.

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Tabletop project I've been working on has had some work done on it but nothing too large so far. Its kind of hard to find the time and personally while I would want to finish it, even with KCS stuff out of the way finding time hasn't been a top priority. In general I need to get myself to the point where I can better use my time, and actually provide some to my projects on a consistent basis as eventually they will finally finish if I do.

But anyway, next month I will start working on a new chapter along with my other game dev activities. Lets see if I can get this one out efficiently and within a shorter timeframe. I would like to make a chapter each two or one month so this story can reach a close before I turn old and grey.



No comments:

Post a Comment