Aug 31, 2020

Current Goings On

Hi All.

God, the last 2 weeks have been quite the experience. Right now I'm tired and really burnt out honestly. I participated in a Game Jam that had 2 weeks to participate in. I did a heaping amount of stuff for it, setting up menus, doing the level design, and providing some images for flashbacks. I am just credited for the level design but I can fix that sometime today to at least note the menu work I did. 

If you want to take a look at the current creation you can do so here.

The studio that the game is under is actually one that I had a hand in founding. We also did a rather bare bones DigDug clone here which I provided pretty much all the assets. It kinda contains Kobolds.

Updates

With that out of the way let me go ahead here and give you a quick update on the KCS. I know that I've just been constantly saying that it hasn't finished its editing phase. Unfortunately that is still the truth. The editor that I currently have who will be providing me suggested edits has been giving excuse after excuse of why they haven't finished editing. It actually took me 6 months to finish the chapter and so far they are arriving on the 4th month of editing. 

So, I've given myself at least some form of a cutoff for the story. I'll be posting it next week if they don't get me their finalized suggested edits by then. It isn't in a terrible state but going forward I want to try and push myself to get at least a first draft of a chapter every 3 months. The thing is, I really need to find a consistent editor. Given a more concrete deadline they were able to pull through. However if you are interested in editing or know someone that would be, feel free to contact me. I'm more than willing to provide compensation for prompt and good editing work.

I think I mentioned this before but also been working on a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Tabletop System quite consistently as well. The game jam of course hoovered up most of my time but progress is pretty good so far. I'm starting to plan out the documentation on it and most of the content is pretty much done already. If you would be interested in trying it out before it drops as a tester please do get in contact with me. It functions like most tabletop systems so having about 3 people, a Game Master, and 2 players is really the minimum to try it out.

Lastly the cosplay stuff that I mentioned. I still do like cosplay and do want to spend time putting something together. However as my time is rather tight and Covid-19 is still a factor here in the United States that's been put on hold. Looking at the responses I got with my little survey seems like people were most interested in seeing a Necromancer cosplay from Nuclear Throne. Which is nice because that was something I was rather interested in myself. When I have progress I will begin updating people on it. I want to better document my progress and spend more time on the assembly myself. I'm probably going to need to do sewing, figure out how to make some props, and also some electronic stuff but these are all things I'm looking forward to.

Anyway. That's about it. Looking forward I really don't know what the future has to offer. 2020 has been a quite uncertain time for most, and while my employment and housing has remained quite stable I'm starting to question if the field I'm pursing is a worthwhile endeavor. We'll see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment